Oracle IoT Cloud Service is a managed Platform as a Service cloud based offering that helps you make critical business decisions and strategies by allowing you to connect your smart devices to the cloud, analyze data from those devices in real time, and integrate your data with enterprise applications, web services, or with other Oracle Cloud Services, such as Oracle Business Intelligence Cloud Service.
Within the Oracle Cloud portfolio you will find the Oracle IoT Cloud Service. The IoT Cloud Service from Oracle provides a starting point for developing an IoT strategy within your company. Or, as Oracle likes to state: Oracle IoT Cloud Service is a managed Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) offering that helps you make critical business decisions and strategies by allowing you to connect your devices to the cloud, analyze data, and alert messages from those devices in real time, and integrate your data with enterprise applications, web services, or with other Oracle Cloud Services, such as Oracle Business Intelligence Cloud Service.
Oracle company delivers a highly scalable IoT Cloud Service that is simplified by design so your company can rapidly assimilate IoT into your digital strategy and create innovative services with less risk. The key to a successful IoT strategy is integration with your existing applications and processes. Oracle IoT Cloud Service makes integration easy and efficient by providing REST APIs to access all Oracle IoT Cloud Service data and functions from enterprise applications and processes, and integrate with the connected devices. You can securely access Oracle IoT Cloud service from any connected device. With Oracle IoT Cloud you can manage and analyze the enormous amount of real-time data generated by all the connected devices. Oracle Internet of Things Real-time analysis tools let you correlate, aggregate, and filter incoming data streams while built-in integration allows for automatic synchronization of data streams with Oracle Business Intelligence Cloud Service. Oracle IoT Cloud Service enables secure and reliable bi-directional communication so IoT devices can communicate and exchange data with both directly and indirectly connected devices with Cloud.
One of the main pillars within the Oracle IoT strategy, and a valid one in our opinion, is that you will have to connect your IoT strategy to your enterprise solutions. Connecting the strategies to your enterprise solutions can happen for many reasons, two of which, for example, are: integration with preventive maintenance and/or customer satisfaction programs.
Extend your supply chain, enterprise resource planning, and customer experience applications to the physical world, driving automation powered by intelligent predictive algorithms and digital twins.
Oracle recently unveiled new Industry 4.0 capabilities for Oracle Internet of Things (IoT) Cloud. The advanced monitoring and analytics capabilities of the new offering enables organizations to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and identify new sources of revenue through advanced tracking of assets, workers, and vehicles; real-time issue detection and predictive analytics.
With new augmented reality, machine vision, digital twin and data science capabilities, Oracle IoT Cloud enables organizations to gain rich insight into the performance of assets, machines, workers, and vehicles so they can optimize their supply chain, manufacturing, and logistics, reduce time to market for new products; and enable new business models.
Oracle IoT Cloud Platform’s key features:
- Faster Time to Market: Extend manufacturing processes and logistics operations quickly with data from connected devices
- Integrated: Drive predictive maintenance using pre-built integrations with applications, analytics and mobile services
- Real-time Insight: Optimize asset tracking by analyzing and acting on in-flight IoT data
Secure and Scalable: Enterprise-grade platform for mission critical IoT applications
Oracle IoT Cloud Applications:
Oracle Internet of Things Applications delivers a world-class set of IoT applications for enterprise assets, production lines, transportation fleets, and mobile workers. Get smart with predictive, machine learning algorithms and quickly extend core SCM, CX, HCM and ERP processes—with real-time IoT data and insights.
- IoT Asset Monitoring Cloud:
- Real-time insights from connected assets to drive predictive maintenance, optimized SCM, and improved customer experiences.
- IoT Production Monitoring Cloud:
- Industry 4.0 made simple with best-in-class production monitoring for factory, product, and machine.
- IoT Fleet Monitoring Cloud:
- Deliver the predictive power of IoT to know when any connected vehicle needs service, adjust logistics operations, and avoid downtime.
- IoT Connected Worker Cloud:
- Ensure worker health and safety, achieve better regulatory compliance, and gain real-time visibility into worker health, location, and work environment.
- Service Monitoring for Connected Assets Cloud:
- Differentiated service experience with insights from connected assets.
Oracle IoT Cloud Service Website – Link
Recommended readings for you:
Here is the list of Top 35 IoT Platforms in 2018.
Here is the list of Open Source Free IoT Platforms.
If you have IoT Platforms related questions then you may want to visit our IoT Platforms Discussion Forum.