ThingsBoard is an open-source IoT platform for data collection, processing, visualization, and device management.
It enables device connectivity via industry standard IoT protocols – MQTT, CoAP and HTTP and supports both cloud and on-premises deployments. ThingsBoard combines scalability, fault-tolerance and performance so you will never lose your data.
ThingsBoard is an open-source IoT platform that enables rapid development, management and scaling of IoT projects.
With ThingsBoard, you are able to:
- Provision and control devices.
- Collect and visualize data from devices.
- Analyze device data and trigger alarms with complex event processing.
- Deliver device data to other systems.
- Build workflows based on device life-cycle event, REST API event, RPC request, etc
- Enable use-case specific features using customizable rule chains.
Provision and manage devices and assets:
Provision, monitor and control your IoT entities in secure way using rich server-side APIs. Define relations between your devices, assets, customers or any other entities.
Collect and visualize data:
Collect and store telemetry data in scalable and fault-tolerant way. Visualize your data with built-in or custom widgets and flexible dashboards. Share dashboards with your customers.
Process and React:
Define data processing rule chains. Transform and normalize your device data. Raise alarms on incoming telemetry events, attribute updates, device inactivity and user actions.
Integrate devices connected to legacy and third-party systems using existing protocols. Connect to your OPC-UA server, MQTT broker, Sigfox Backend or Modbus slaves in minutes.
Real-Time IoT Dashboards:
ThingsBoard allows you to create rich IoT Dashboards for data visualization and remote device control in real-time. More than 30 customizable widgets allows you to build end-user custom dashboards for most IoT use-cases.
ThingsBoard, Inc. is a US corporation founded in 2016 with RnD center in Kyiv, Ukraine. They are main contributor and maintainer of ThingsBoard open-source IoT Platform.
- scalable: horizontally scalable platform, build using leading open-source technologies.
- fault-tolerant: no single-point-of-failure, every node in the cluster is identical.
- robust and efficient: single server node can handle tens or even hundreds thousands of devices depending on use-case. ThingsBoard cluster can handle millions of devices.
- customizable: adding new functionality is easy with customizable widgets and rule engine nodes.
- durable: never lose your data.
The Gateway provides simple integration APIs and encapsulates common Thingsboard-related tasks: device provisioning, local data persistence and delivery, message converters/adapters, and more. As an application developer, you are able to choose Python, Go, C/C++, and other languages and connect to Thingsboard Gateway through external MQTT broker or OPC-UA server. Devices that support other protocols may be connected to gateway by implementing custom extensions.
ThingsBoard Official Website: Link
Read Next: List of open source IoT application platforms – Link
Read Next: Developer Community to discuss your IoT queries – IoT Forum